A warm welcome to SEAnet 2017
The SEAnet Amateur radio convention is being held for the very first time, in Cambodia.
The convention is being held for 3 nights and 4 days at the Hotel Sokhalay Angkor Resort and Spa, between the 16th and 19th of November 2017.
The convention is being held in Siem Reap, the gateway to the World heritage sites, built by the ancient Khmer empire. It is the starting point to the World wonders of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and a host of other ancient wonders. It also serves as a gateway to one of Southeast Asia’s largest freshwater lakes, Tonle Sap.
The annual SEAnet convention is being held at the Sokhalay Angkor Resort and Spa, which is just 4 Km from the Siem Reap International airport and just 3 Km away from the City’s highspots, the Old market and Pub Street. The Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom temples are just 8 Km away.
The Sokhalay Angkor Resort and Spa is housed in a large area, amidst thick greenery. The hotel has graciously agreed to sanction its Log cabins, at a very special discounted price to those delegates, who wish to stay at the convention hotel. All log cabins overlook the pool. Electric cars are available for internal transportation in the large property. Twin and Double bedded rooms are available. For those who want a touch of Luxury – deluxe suites are also available at an extra cost.
On request from delegates at previous conventions : Two kinds of delegate fees are being provided for :
With accommodation in log cabinsor without accommodation. All costs specified here are for rooms on Twin sharing basis. Single occupancy rooms can also be made available, on request. If delegates choose to stay at the convention venue, the other facilities on offer are FREE Airport pick up and drop, daily Buffet breakfast and a 15 minute Khmer massage, during your stay.
Cambodia offers visa free travel to Citizens of Indonesia, Lao DPR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Most other countries are eligible for a visa on arrival. The cost at present is US$ 30 for a single entry tourist visa, with a validity of 30 days. Only citizens of a few countries like Afganistan, Algeria, Bangla Desh, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria, Iran and Iraq have to get their entry visas in advance at the nearest Royal Embassy of the Kingdom of Cambodia. The country also offers a e-Visa facility. www.cambodiaimmigration.org is one of the popular sites offering this facility. However the charges here vary from US$ 55 to US$ 90 for a single entry visa. All tourists have to pay a departure tax of US $ 25, at the time of departure.
We have tied up with a local tour company,who can provide you with extended tours :
- A longer 3 day tour of Angkor Vat, Angkor Thom and its environs
- A trip to Tonle Sap Lake
- A trip to another world heritage site –PreahVihear, on the border with Thailand
- A trip through enchanting forests to Kulen Mountain
- A day trip to the Ladies temple – BanteaySrei
Special Vegetarian and Halal food will be made available, for the convention delegates.
While English speaking guides will be available in on the tours to Angkor Vat and Angkor Thom, we can make arrangements for Guides who can converse and explain the sites in Japanese, Mandarin, Korean and a host of other languages. However, this will be at an extra cost.
Delegate fees include :
- Registration and delegate kit
- Tea and Dinner on day 1
- Entries to the inaugural session.
- Morning Tea, Lunch, afternoon Tea and Dinner on Day 2
- Entry to the 2 technical sessions
- Ride to the Old market by TukTuk and back to the hotel
- Morning Tea, Lunch, afternoon Tea and Dinner on Day 3
- Visit with English Guide service to Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom temples
- Morning Tea and Lunch on Day 4
- Entry to the plenary session and election for SEanet 2019
Those opting for stay at the Sokhalaya Angkor Resort and Spa will also enjoy
- Pick up at Siem Reap Airport
- Buffet Breakfast everyday
- 15 Minutes Khmer Massage at the hotel Spa
- Free Wifi
- Dropback to the Siem Reap International airport